We invite you to join our rapidly-growing community of international students and interns at International House of Prayer University (IHOPU).
Accepted international students: Please visit the Student Hub.
Requirements for Admission (Schools and Internships)
All materials must be in English.
- Submit your official application for admission by mail or online. View links and instructions »
- Submit copies of academic qualifications from the highest level of education completed (not necessary for Simeon Company). If not originally in English, these documents must arrive with a certified English translation documenting coursework, examinations taken, grades received, passing and maximum marks, and evidence of completion.
- You must be proficient in the English language and have a minimum TOEFL score of 70 on the internet-based test, or 523 on the paper-based test. IHOPU’s school code is 4247.
- Submit your completed Affidavit of Financial Support form (see below).
- Submit a copy of the biographical page of your passport (includes photograph and legal name).
Affidavit of Financial Support
If you are applying as an IHOPU student or intern from outside the United States and do not have United States residency or citizenship, please download and print the document below and submit it with your application. Instructions are included.
An affidavit is a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation providing legal evidence. The Affidavit of Financial Support provides evidence that you are self-funded and/or supported by a sponsor.
The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations require documentation that financial resources are available to meet your educational and living expenses while in the United States. Therefore, IHOPU requires you to submit proof of financial resources for the duration of your program. Proof of finances consists of a current bank statement from either you or your sponsor and a signed Affidavit of Financial Support.
IHOPU requires that all international students purchase health insurance for the duration of their period of study at IHOPU. Students may purchase health insurance through a provider of their choice, or may purchase through IHOPU’s arrangement with ISO, an international student insurance agency, when they arrive for New Student Orientation.
If you are married and your spouse and/or children will be accompanying you to the United States, an additional amount of funds amounting to $6,000 for a spouse and $4,000 per child must be available yearly.
If you have questions or need help, please first read our International Frequently Asked Questions. If you have further questions, please email or phone us:
Phone: 1 (816) 763-0200 x.7150
Our office is open Monday–Friday.