Dear Webstream Viewers and Donors,
Thank you so much for your continued support and participation with IHOPKC through our live webstream from the prayer room, our conferences, and our weekend services. We regularly receive testimonies from houses of prayer and individuals around the world, who are being encouraged and blessed through the webstream. We are encouraged by these testimonies, so if you have a story, please let us know.
Our media team is continually working to make your online experience from IHOPKC better, (we also listen to your input!), and we would like to share with you our current webstream improvement plans.
We are working on five major projects to improve your ability to join us here in Kansas City over the Internet:
- Adaptive Bitrate Streaming – This technical term means that you will be able to receive the webstream at the best quality and speed that your internet connection can handle; less pausing, less buffering, and a better overall experience. This improvement will also include the ability to rewind the live video stream.
- Better Quality Audio Streaming – As many people listen to the prayer room audio stream only, either on their PC or a mobile device, we are working to provide better quality audio that will reach all devices.
- Prayer Room Webstream on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – We are currently developing an IHOPKC app, which will be available from Apple’s iTunes App Store. Amongst other features, this app will enable you to view the webstream on your mobile device.
- Faster, More Reliable Streaming for More People, around the Globe – We are aware that people in nations with lower bandwidth connections often find it difficult to access our online videos. One of the key solutions we are using to improve this situation is a partnership with Akamai, the largest Internet content distribution company in the world. Akamai have 65,000 servers in over 70 countries. This means that wherever you are in the world, you should be able to receive faster and more reliable streaming from IHOPKC.
- Downloads – As part of the improvements, we will be including the ability for you to download video and audio files and save them to your computer or machine, so that you can view them at any time, even when you are not connected to the Internet.
We will be testing different video players as we implement these improvements. Thank you for your patience with us during this stage of development.
We greatly value your prayer and financial support in this process. If you have questions or feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to help keep the prayer room webstream free, please consider giving.
IHOPKC Media Director