Our Top Ten Blogs from 2017
by Adam Wittenberg
Everyone loves a Top 10 list, and we are no exception! Here are the 10 Most Popular Blogs of 2017, and some ways they can help us in the new year:
10. Three Principles for Walking in Victory over Sin, by Mike Bickle
It’s part of being a Christian—the power to overcome sin. Learn practical ways to walk in victory.
9. How Black Lives Matter in the Kingdom of God, by David Sliker
We’ve all heard the slogans, but how should Christians act to show the love of God and bring healing to our divided world?
8. How to Marry the Right Person for the Right Reasons, by David Sliker
There are good, and bad, reasons people get married. Examine your motives and ask important questions before you say, “I do.”
7. How Do I Know if He (or She) is the Right One to Marry? by Mike & Anne Rizzo
This popular, and very important question, is worth considering. See what Scripture has to say about deciding if he (or she) is right for you.
6. How to Grow in Intimacy with God, by Fia Curley
Intimacy with God is why we exist. It’s our deepest heart’s cry, more than money, sex, power, or fame. Press deeper into God’s heart with this blog.
5. How to Restore a Wounded Relationship, by Adam Wittenberg
We’ve all said careless things and hurt people, whether we meant to or not. Learn Godly wisdom and tips to help restore what’s been broken.
4. The Power of Meditation: Encountering God through Scripture, by Fia Curley
“Meditation is a God-ordained way to use the Scripture,” says Kirk Bennett, an IHOPKC senior leader. “It’s not vain repetition when faith is involved.” Learn more in this popular blog.
3. Should My Sons Go to the Coldplay Concert? by Allen Hood
Popular music has long been controversial in Christian circles, and IHOPKC associate director Allen Hood faced this head-on when his young adult sons wanted to attend a Coldplay concert. Here’s how he handled the situation.
2. Is the Film, The Shack, Heresy?, by Jono Hall
Hollywood’s take on the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit certainly aroused dialogue among believers (and non-believers). An IHOPKC leader takes a look at how the film compares to what the Bible says, and how to respond.
And now, (drumroll please), we present the most popular blog of 2017:
1. The Power of Praying in the Spirit, by Adam Wittenberg
Many people misunderstand the gift of tongues and miss out on the power that it brings. Clear up confusion and gain understanding that can help in your prayer life, and your ministry as well.
Thanks for reading! We look forward to providing you with more articles and blogs in 2018.
A Detroit native who was raised in Vermont and Connecticut, Adam worked as a newspaper journalist until 2012, when he moved to Kansas City to complete the Intro to IHOPKC internship. Afterwards, he earned a four-year certificate in House of Prayer Leadership from IHOPU and is now on full-time staff in the Marketing department at IHOPKC. He also serves in the NightWatch (overnight prayer hours) and is active in evangelism. He, and his wife Stephany, have a vision to reach people everywhere with the good news of Jesus Christ.